Phillips 66

The Phillips 66 Lake Charles Manufacturing Complex is located on a 690-acre site. It primarily processes heavy, high-sulfur crude oil, as well as low-sulfur and acidic crude oil. The complex receives domestic Gulf Coast and foreign crude oil.

The LCMC produces a high percentage of transportation fuels, such as gasoline and jet fuel, along with home heating oil. The majority of its refined products are distributed by truck, railcar, barge or major common-carrier pipelines in the southeastern and eastern United States. Through the Excel Paralubes joint venture, the refinery produces base oils for lubricants.

Built in 1941, the refinery was originally designed to process 7,500 barrels of crude oil per day to supply high-octane fuel to World War II military aircraft and employed 100 people. Today, the LCMC has the capacity to process 239,000 barrels per day of crude oil and directly employs approximately 800 people.

In addition to the company's philanthropic contributions, employees and their families volunteer thousands of hours per year to assist many worthy causes in the Lake Area.

Conoco operated the refinery until 2002 when it merged with Phillips Petroleum Company to form ConocoPhillips. In 2012, ConocoPhillips spun off its downstream business, including the Lake Charles Complex, into a new company called Phillips 66.

Headquartered in Houston, Phillips 66 is an advantaged downstream energy company, with segment-leading Refining and Marketing (R&M), Midstream and Chemicals businesses. The company has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide. For more information, please visit the Phillips 66 website. 


   

 

© Copyright 2017, Lake Area Industry Alliance. All rights reserved.