Air Liquide

Air Liquide America has been a growing presence among the Lake Charles community for nearly 57 years. It began in 1957 when Welder's Supply Company of Lake Charles was founded, selling welding gases and supplies used in the construction of plants and refineries in the area. Gulf Oxygen Company also began in 1957, which produced liquid oxygen for local industry.

On another front, Big Three (then known as Big Three Welding Equipment) began selling welding gases and supplies in Lake Charles in 1958. In 1965, oxygen and nitrogen pipelines were laid to connect the Beaumont and Lake Charles industrial communities together. This solidified Big Three's ambitions of building a pipeline network for industrial gas transportation along the Gulf Coast from Southwest Louisiana to South Texas.

In 1986, an agreement was reached for Air Liquide to acquire Big Three, which assumed responsibility for operating the Westlake air separation unit in 1989, and incorporated it into the pipeline system in 1991. In 1994, Big Three and Liquid Air Corporation were merged to create the company's current name, Air Liquide America Corporation. 

For more information, visit the Air Liquide website. 

   

 

© Copyright 2017, Lake Area Industry Alliance. All rights reserved.